Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Success: A Q&A Review Applying Critical Thinking to Test Taking by Cathy Melfi Curtis, ISBN-13: 978-0803660403
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: F.A. Davis Company; Third edition (November 21, 2016)
- Language: English
- 416 pages
- ISBN-10: 0803660405
- ISBN-13: 978-0803660403
2 Books in 1!
– Q&A Course Review
– NCLEX prep
Guarantee your mastery of psychiatric mental health nursing knowledge while honing your critical-thinking and test-taking skills.
Over 900 multiple-choice and alternate format questions, organized by specific disorders, make a difficult subject more manageable. Rationales for both correct and incorrect answers as well as test-taking tips help you to critically analyze the question types.
Thoroughly updated and enhanced throughout, the 3rd Edition of this AJN Book of the Year incorporates DSM V and even more of the most difficult alternate-format questions.
– Over 900 questions that include individual rationales for the correct and incorrect answers and test-taking tips
– Two, 75-question comprehensive exams online at DavisPlus
– Introductory chapter that focuses on applying critical thinking to each question type
– All questions written at application and analysis levels, just like the NCLEX®
– Questions numbered consecutively within each chapter, making it easy to find the answers
– Key questions on major drug classes, medication administration, delegation, and management content integrated within mental disorder questions
– 100-question comprehensive exam at the end of the text
– Perfect to use as a stand-alone text or used in combination with any other psychiatric text
New To This Edition:
– Content updated to reflect DSM-V
– More alternate format questions, including fill-in-the-blank, select-all-that-apply, ordered response, exhibit labeling, and graphic questions
– New medications and changes to medications
– Coverage of schizophrenia and autism spectrum disorders
– Responsive design of the online questions that enables the content to adapt to the size of device on which it is viewed (computer monitor, laptop, tablet, or smart phone, etc.).
– Concept tagging for the online question to meet the needs of concept-based nursing programs by enabling students to sort the questions by concept and chapter.
Table of Contents:
A. Fundamentals of Critical Thinking Related to Test Taking
B. Basic Concepts in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing
1. Mental Health/Mental Illness: Theoretical Concepts
2. Psychiatric Nursing
4. Legal and Ethical Considerations
C. Management of Care for Individuals with Psychiatric Disorders
5. Stress Adaptation, Trauma, and Related Disorders
6. Anxiety, Obsessive-Compulsive, and Related Disorders, Issues Related to Sexuality
7. Depressive Disorders and the Suicidal Client
8. Bipolar and Related Disorders
9. Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
10. Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorcers
11. Personality Disorders and Impulse Control Disorders
12. Somatic Symptom and Dissociative Disorders
13. Neurocognitive Disorders
14. Eating Disorders
15. Children and Adolescents
16. Comprehensive Final Exam
Glossary of English Words Commonly
Encountered on Nursing Examinations
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support