Exploring Anatomy and Physiology in the Laboratory 3rd Edition by Erin Amerman, ISBN-13: 978-1617316203
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Morton Publishing Company; 3rd edition (January 1, 2017)
- Language: English
- 800 pages
- ISBN-10: 1617316202
- ISBN-13: 978-1617316203
This comprehensive, beautifully illustrated, and affordably priced manual is appropriate for a two-semester anatomy and physiology laboratory course. Through focused activities and by eliminating redundant exposition and artwork found in most primary textbooks, this manual complements the lecture material and serves as an efficient and effective tool for learning in the lab.
1. Objectives. Each unit begins with a set of learning goals to prepare students for what they are expected to know after completing the lab.
2. Pre-Lab Exercises. PLEs encourage students to actively prepare for the lab by defining key terms, using labeling and coloring exercises to learn anatomical structures, and reviewing vital material from previous units, saving you from having to spend excessive time reviewing material from the lecture.
3. Model Inventories. Many lab manuals do not offer specific lists of structures that the students are to identify. Instead, those lab manuals scatter the anatomical structures throughout the unit, making it difficult for both the student and instructor. Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory features organized and easily referenced lists of anatomical structures that students are responsible for identifying.
4. Illustrations and Photography. Many lab manuals simply reproduce artwork and exposition from the related textbook. Every figure in Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory, 3e was specifically designed to improve student understanding of important lab concepts and procedures.
5. Focused Activities. Focused activity describes the guiding philosophy of this lab manual. Students learn best when they are actively involved in the laboratory. Exploring Anatomy & Physiology in the Laboratory incorporates features designed for students to learn and retain the information. The manual asks students to be active by describing, labeling, writing, coloring, and drawing.
6. Tracing Exercises. Our tracing exercises ask students to write step-by-step, turn-by-turn directions tracing a substance (blood cells, food molecules, waste by-products, etc.) through the body and to trace the substance on a map of the human body. These exercises allow students to see the big picture of how the body systems interact. They also allow students to understand the relationship between structure and function.
7. Hints & Tips. Hints & Tips appear throughout the book to help students navigate some of the more difficult topics in A&P.
8. Check Your Recall/Check Your Understanding. Chapter-ending quizzes ensure that students understand key concepts and that learning goals have been achieved.
Erin C. Amerman has been involved in anatomy and physiology education for more than 17 years as an author and professor. She is presently teaching at Florida State College at Jacksonville. She is an alumna of the University of West Florida and Des Moines University (University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences). Dr. Amerman is presently the author of six textbooks, including the best-selling “Exploring Anatomy and Physiology in the Laboratory” series with Morton Publishing Company and the textbook “Human Anatomy and Physiology” with Pearson. She is deeply committed to helping students succeed in the world of science, and to generating curiosity and excitement about the material.
When she’s not writing or in the classroom, Dr. Amerman is tending to her crew of rescued farm animals at Critter Creek Farm Sanctuary, a nonprofit she owns and operates with her husband. She also enjoys photographing the local wildlife around her farm, particularly snakes and other reptiles. Dr. Amerman lives in rural north Florida with her daughter Elise, husband Chris, and their menagerie of rescued cats, dogs, cows, donkeys, and snakes.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support