Law for Doctors by Wai-Ching Leung, ISBN: 978-0470699034
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell (2000)
About the Author
Wai-Ching Leung is the author of Law for Doctors, published by Wiley.
Table of contents
Part I: Health Professionals and Patients.
1: Consent to Medical Treatment.
2: Treatment of the Mentally Ill Patients.
4: Access to Personal Medical Information.
6: Legal Issues Relating to Symptom Relief for Terminally Ill Patients.
Part II: Legal Settings in Which Health Professionals Actions May be Challenged.
7: Introduction to the Different Legal Settings in which Health Professionals Actions May be Challenged.
8: The NHS Compaints Procedure and the NHS Ombudsman.
9: Professional Negligence.
10: Vicarious Liabilities.
11: Product Liability.
12: The Professional Bodies.
13: Relationships between Employers and Employees.
14: Health and Safety Issues.
Part III: Legal Procedures.
15: Death Certificates, Coroners and Inquests.
16: Research and Publications.
17: Writing Medico-Legal Reports and Giving Evidence in Court.
* case histories
* discussion of basic principles illustrated by the case histories with emphasis on practical issues
* comprehensive coverage of topics of practical importance
* summary of key points at the end of each chapter
* good accessibility to non-legally trained doctors
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support