Counseling and Psychotherapy with Children and Adolescents: Theory and Practice for School and Clinical Settings 5th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1118772683
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 432 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 5 edition (January 27, 2015)
- Author(s): H. Thompson Prout, Alicia L. Fedewa
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781118772683
- ISBN-13: 978-1118772683
Organized around theory, this book covers both clinical and school settings in the fields of psychology, counseling, and social work. Coverage of the latest thinking and practice includes Cognitive Behavioral, Rational-Emotive, Reality Therapy, Solution Focused, Family Systems, and Play Therapy, providing a complete resource for any mental health expert who works with young people.
- Understand the major approaches to counseling and psychotherapeutic interventions
- Discover the ethical and legal implications of working with children and adolescents
- Learn how to employ culturally responsive counseling with younger clients
- Examine interventions for children and adolescents with disabilities and health care needs
This updated edition includes a stronger emphasis on the clinical application of theory to specific disorders of childhood and adolescence, and new coverage of the legal and ethical issues related to social media. Chapters include a case studies and online resources that make it ideal for classroom use, and new chapters on Solution-Focused Therapy and Play Therapy enhance usefulness to practicing therapists. Expert guidance covers techniques for working with individuals, groups, and parents, and explores the efficacy of the theories under discussion.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support