The Student Nurse Guide to Decision Making in Practice, ISBN-13: 978-0335236640
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 160 pages
- Publisher: Open University Press; 1 edition (June 1, 2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0335236642
- ISBN-13: 978-0335236640Liz Aston
This practical book provides a framework to assist student nurses in developing skills as decision makers. The book uses cases and practical examples to help relate theory to practice, starting with the transition to becoming a student nurse and moving through the different stages of a pre-registration nursing course.
Key topics explored include:
- Learning to make clinical decisions
- Using knowledge to inform decisions
- Making decisions as part of a team
- Reflecting on practice and building a portfolio
- Understanding ethical and legal issues involved in decision making
- Making the transition from being a student to making clinical decisions as a registered nurse.
Clinical scenarios are used to highlight key points within the book and reflective activities are included for students to complete and use as part of their portfolio and skill development.
The Student Nurse Guide to Decision Making in Practice is designed to be used throughout the whole nursing programme, is suitable to all nursing branches and offers a useful guide for ongoing practice.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support