Roitt’s Essential Immunology 13th Edition by Peter J. Delves, ISBN-13: 978-1118415771
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 13 edition (January 17, 2017)
The Essentials are an international, best-selling series of textbooks, all of which are designed to support lecture series or themes on core topics within the health sciences.
Roitt’s Essential Immunology – the textbook of choice for students and instructors of immunology worldwide
Roitt’s Essential Immunology clearly explains the key principles needed by medical and health sciences students, from the basis of immunity to clinical applications. A brand new introduction sets the scene to part 1, Fundamentals of Immunology, introducing the microbial world and the strategies the body employs to defend itself. Each chapter then guides the reader through a different part of the immune system, and explains the role of each cell or molecule individually, and then as a whole. Part 2, Applied Immunology, discusses what happens when things go wrong, and the role the immune system plays alongside the damaging effects of a disease, including cancer, immunodeficiency, allergies and transplantation and the beneficial effects of vaccines.
The thirteenth edition continues to be a user-friendly and engaging introduction to the workings of the immune system, whilst supporting those who require a slightly more detailed understanding of the key developments in immunology. The content has been fully updated throughout and includes:
– An expansion on key clinical topics, including: innate immunity, autoimmune conditions, asthma, primary immunodeficiency, and HIV/AIDS
– Beautifully presented with improved artwork and new illustrations
– A range of learning features, including introduction recap boxes, end-of-chapter and section summaries to aid revision, as well as further reading suggestions, and a glossary to explain the most important immunology terms.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support