Nano: The Essentials 1st Edition by T. Pradeep, ISBN-13: 978-0071548298
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education; 1st edition (May 6, 2008)
- Language: English
- 456 pages
- ISBN-10: 0071548297
- ISBN-13: 978-0071548298
Master the Fundamentals of Nanotechnology to Prepare for Nano-Related Career Opportunities.
If you want to move into the fast-growing field of nanotechnology, you can’t afford to miss Nano–The Essentials. This career-building resource offers a rigorous, technological introduction to the fundamentals of nanotechnology, providing everything you need to enter this burgeoning discipline and prepare for nano-related jobs.
Packed with over 100 detailed illustrations and lots of practical work-related advice, the book covers the experimental tools of nanotechnology, the basics of nanomaterials, and key applications in fields such as nanosensors, nanobiology, nanomedicine, and nanomachines. This on-target guide takes readers step-by-step through the manipulation of materials in the nanoscale …fullerenes…carbon nanotubes…self-assembled nanolayers… gas-phase clusters…monolayer-protected metal nanoparticles…core-shell nanoparticles…and much more. Comprehensive and easy-to-understand, Nano–The Essentials features:
- A solid introduction to the fundamentals of nanomaterials
- Full details on the experimental tools used in nanotechnology
- The latest advances in nanobiology and nanomedicine
- Breakthroughs in the development of nanosensors
- Cutting-edge innovations in molecular nanomachines
Inside this Expert Introduction to the Basics of Nanotechnology
• Introduction • Manipulating Materials in the Nanoscale • Fullerenes • Carbon Nanotubes • Self-Assembled Nanolayers • Gas-Phase Clusters • Semiconductor Quantum Dots • Monolayer-Protected Metal Nanoparticles • Core-Shell Nanoparticles • Nanoshells • Nanobiology • Nanosensors • Nanomedicines • Molecular Nanomachines • Nanotribology • Societal Implications
T. Pradeep, Ph.D., is a Professor in the Department of Chemistry & Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF) at the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. He is the author of Advances in Physical Chemistry and co-author of Nanofluids: Science and Technology. Dr. Pradeep also has written over 150 research papers and holds 5 patents.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support