Music Fundamentals: A Balanced Approach 3rd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1138654419
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 530 pages
- Publisher: Routledge; 3 edition (October 13, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781138654419
- ISBN-13: 978-1138654419
Music Fundamentals: A Balanced Approach, Third Edition combines a textbook and integrated workbook with an interactive website for those who want to learn the basics of reading music. Intended for students with little or no prior knowledge of music theory, it offers a patient approach to understanding and mastering the building blocks of musical practice and structure. Musical examples range from Elvis Presley songs to Filipino ballads to Beethoven symphonies, offering a balanced mixture of global, classical, and popular music.
The new edition includes:
- Additional vocabulary features and review exercises
- Additional musical selections and 1-, 2-, or 3-hand rhythmic exercises
- The addition of guitar tablature
- A revised text design that more clearly designates the different types of exercises and makes the Workbook pages easier to write on
- An improved companion website with added mobile functionality
The author’s balanced approach to beginning music theory engages student interest while demonstrating how music theory concepts apply not only to the Western classical canon but also to popular and world music. With the beginner student in mind, Music Fundamentals: A Balanced Approach, Third Edition is a comprehensive text for understanding the foundations of music theory.
About the Author
Sumy Takesue is an Instructor at Santa Monica College, teaching theory and class piano. She has taught at the University of Hawai’i (Hilo) and the University of Southern California.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support