Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling 4th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1118721773
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 576 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 4 edition (September 9, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 9781118721773
- ISBN-13: 978-1118721773
FULLY REVISED, COMPREHENSIVE, AND PRACTICAL
Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling, Fourth Edition introduces counselors, social workers, and students to the field of addiction counseling and helps them acquire the knowledge and develop the skills needed to counsel individuals who are caught in the destructive cycle of addiction.
Drawing from her years of experience working in the addiction-counseling field, Geri Miller provides an engaging, balanced overview of the major theoretical foundations and clinical best practices in the field.
Fully updated, the Fourth Edition offers a positive, practice-oriented counseling framework and features:
- A research-based, clinical application approach to addiction counseling that practitioners can turn to for fundamental, practical, clinical guidelines
- Revised chapters that reflect important changes in research and practice, including new DSMTM-5 criteria, new assessment instruments, and new and expanded treatments
- Case studies, interactive exercises, end-of-chapter questions, and other resources that facilitate the integration of knowledge into practice
- “Personal Reflections” sections at the beginning of each chapter provide an invaluable, unique perspective on the author’s evolving views of addiction counseling
From assessment and diagnosis of addiction to preparing for certification and licensure as an addiction professional, this comprehensive book covers all of the essentials.
About the Author
GERI MILLER, PHD, Diplomate in Counseling Psychology, ABPP, is a Professor in the Department of Human Development and Psychological Counseling at Appalachian State University. She is a Licensed Psychologist, a Licensed Professional Counselor, a Licensed Clinical Addictions Specialist, and a Substance Abuse Professional Practice Board Certified Clinical Supervisor in North Carolina. She has also received a Certificate of Proficiency in the Treatment of Alcohol and other Psychoactive Substance Use Disorders from the American Psychological Association College of Professional Psychology. Dr. Miller has worked in the mental health counseling profession since 1976 and in the addiction counseling profession since 1979. She has conducted research related to mental health counseling and addiction counseling. She has also presented extensively to mental health counselors and addiction counselors.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support