Introduction to Health Policy 2nd Edition by Leiyu Shi, ISBN-13: 978-1640550254
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Health Administration Press; 2nd edition (December 1, 2018)
- Language: English
- 408 pages
- ISBN-10: 1640550259
- ISBN-13: 978-1640550254
Healthcare needs in the United States are challenging to meet and continuously evolving. As a result, healthcare is a constant priority for leaders at the federal, state, and local levels. Healthcare leaders who have a strong understanding of the basics of health policy are optimally positioned to improve health and healthcare in both their organizations and their communities. Introduction to Health Policy uniquely integrates an introductory overview of health policymaking with an examination of critical policy-related issues, research and evaluation methods, and international perspectives. Author Leiyu Shi, a prominent expert in the field, provides a basic introduction to key terms and the determinants of health and policy. He then surveys the varied world of policymaking, ranging from multiple government levels and the international stage to the private sector. He nexts explores policy-based attempts to address determinants of health social, behavioral, and medical and concludes with an examination of health policy research and analysis.
This second edition features:
- New and updated case studies in each chapter
- Diversified international coverage
- Current information on health policy research
- The latest developments in healthcare reform
- New content on the impact of the Affordable Care Act, patient-centered medical homes, accountable care organizations, big data and precision medicine, and more
This introductory book breaks down the complexity of health policy for future healthcare leaders who need a better understanding of how policy affects organizations and communities and how they themselves can influence health policymaking.
Leiyu Shi, DrPH, is professor of health policy and health services research in the Department of Health Policy and Management at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support