Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development 3rd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1506360348
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 704 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc; 3 edition (January 22, 2018)
- Author(s): Robert N. Lussier, John R. Hendon
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1506360343
- ISBN-13: 978-1506360348
Whether your students are HRM majors or general business majors, Human Resource Management: Functions, Applications, and Skill Development, Third Edition, will help them develop the skills they need to recruit, select, train, and development talent. Bestselling authors Robert N. Lussier and John R. Hendon explore the important strategic function HR plays in today′s organizations. A wide variety of applications, self-assessments, and experiential exercises keep students engaged and help them see the relevancy of HR as they learn skills they can use in their personal and professional lives.
New to this Edition
- Includes all the latest SHRM 2016 Curriculum Guidebook listings that cover every SHRM guide item, including both the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) and the Human Resource Certification Institute Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification exam―a total of more than 210 individual content requirements from the SHRM curriculum guide.
- New and updated cases on businesses such as LinkedIn and Amazon bring HR topics to life, apply the text concepts, develop critical thinking skills, and demonstrate how human resources is used to achieve strategic objectives.
- New Skill Builder exercises allow students to experience HR as they practice making decisions, working in teams, and participating in role-plays.
- New coverage of current trends in every chapter and updated coverage of changes in the federal laws and regulations are explained in the new edition.
- New HRM in Action videos illustrate fundamental HR functions using a variety of relatable scenarios with assessment questions that challenge students to test their HR knowledge.
Robert N. Lussier is a professor of management at Springfield College. Through teaching management courses for more than 25 years, he has developed innovative methods for applying concepts and developing skills that can be used both personally and professionally. A prolific writer, Dr. Lussier has more than 425 publications to his credit, including Management 7e (SAGE), Human Relations 10e (McGraw-Hill), and Leadership 6e (South Western/Cengage) and has published in top tier academic journals. He holds a bachelor of science in business administration from Salem State College, master’s degrees in business and education from Suffolk University, and a doctorate in management from the University of New Haven. He served as founding director of Israel Programs and has taught courses in Israel.
John R. Hendon is a seven-time entrepreneur and former director of operations for a $60 million company. He brought his experience and interests to the classroom full time in 1994 and has been a Management faculty member at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock for over 17 years. An active member of the Society for Human Resource Management, he teaches in the areas of Human Resources Management, Strategy, and Organizational Management, and researches in a number of areas in the Management field, specializing in Entrepreneurial research. John is also currently the President of “The VMP Group,” an Arkansas-based business consulting firm. John’s company consults with a variety of businesses on human resources, family business, strategic planning, organizational design, and leadership. He has provided professional assistance in the start-up and operation of dozens of Arkansas and California-based businesses and non-profits, government agencies, and utilities. John holds an MBA degree from San Diego State University and a BS in Education from the University of Central Arkansas.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support