Human Diseases: A System Approach 8th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0133424744
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Pearson; 8th edition (June 5, 2014)
- Language: English
- 512 pages
- ISBN-10: 9780133424744
- ISBN-13: 978-0133424744
Today’s most accessible, accurate, current, and engaging introduction to basic pathophysiology.
Human Diseases: A Systemic Approach, Eighth Edition is today’s most comprehensive visual survey of the common diseases affecting each body system. This edition has been extensively updated and reorganized to present the field’s latest knowledge more efficiently and intuitively than ever. Organized by organ system, it contains completely rewritten chapters on cancer, the nervous system, mental illness and cognitive disorders, the urinary system, the respiratory system, heredity, the endocrine system, cardiovascular system, and blood; as well as an entirely new chapter on the eye and ear (special senses). Its superior pedagogy has been enhanced with stronger foundational coverage of disease mechanisms, new Healthy Aging and Promote Your Health features, and extensive new artwork.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This text will help allied health students quickly understand the principles of pharmacology, learn how those principles manifest themselves in human disease, and use this knowledge in their careers. It offers:
- A stronger foundation in the latest knowledge: Starts by providing a strong foundation in terminology, and the concepts associated with immunity, inflammation, inheritance, cancer, and infectious diseases; then presents updated visual coverage of every body system
- Promotion of critical thinking throughout: Contains multiple features designed to encourage critical thinking — both by individual students and in classroom settings
- Emphasis on disease prevention and health promotion: Links key concepts to opportunities for students to promote health and prevent disease in both others and themselves
A native of Chicago, Mark Zelman earned his PhD in microbiology and immunology at Loyola University of Chicago where he studied infectious and autoimmune diseases. His postdoctoral research at the University of Chicago focused on physiology of cell growth and cancer. At Aurora University he teaches biology and interdisciplinary studies and supervises student research. He is secretary of the Illinois State Academy of Sciences and editor of Transactions of the Illinois State Academy of Sciences. Dr. Zelman is the author of three books and several articles on infectious diseases and autoimmunity. Dr. Zelman enjoys bird watching, camping, and writing and reading poetry. He lives in Aurora with his family.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support