Global Health 101 4th Edition by Richard Skolnik, ISBN-13: 978-1284145380
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 4th edition (October 24, 2019)
- Language: English
- 586 pages
- ISBN-10: 1284145387
- ISBN-13: 978-1284145380
Global Health 101, Fourth Edition is a clear, concise, and user-friendly introduction to the most critical issues in global health. Drawing from his 40 years of experience working in international development and global health as well as teaching, the author illustrates key themes through an extensive set of case studies, examples, and the latest evidence. The fourth edition offers a significant amount of new and updated information, while maintaining the clarity, simplicity, and ease of use that has made this text so popular. Global Health 101, Fourth Edition builds in unique ways on evidence from fundamental sources, including the Global Burden of Disease Studies, Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition, (DCP3), and Millions Saved. This edition includes an enhanced emphasis on Universal Health Coverage, ethical priority setting, health disparities, and the quality of care. In addition, this thorough update now presents substantial data by World Bank region and World Bank country income group.
Other noteworthy updates to the Fourth Edition include:
• UPDATED COVERAGE of the global burden of disease and risk factors and of recommended interventions, at different parts of the health system, to address key health burdens.
• ENHANCED COVERAGE of the determinants of health; the health of women; the health of children, adolescents and young adults; immunization; undernutrition and obesity; and, the growing prevalence of noncommunicable diseases.
• A FULLY INTEGRATED CHAPTER on intersectoral approaches to improving health.
• EXPANDED DISCUSSION of KEY THREATS such as climate change, antimicrobial resistance, and emerging and reemerging infectious diseases.
• MORE THAN 70 CASE STUDIES – 15 of which are brand new to this edition – help illustrate critical issues.
• NEW ILLUSTRATIVE PHOTOS, most from an award-winning photographer, bring global health concepts and themes to life.
• TWO CHAPTERS ON CAREERS, included on the Navigate 2 platform, help guide readers on career opportunities in Global Health and offer 24 profiles of key global health actors.
• THE NAVIGATE 2 ONLINE LEARNING PLATFORM, including the comprehensive and interactive e-Book, student practice activities and assessments, learning analytics reporting tools, bonus chapters on careers, additional case studies, and more.
• ADDITIONAL LEARNING RESOURCES FOR FACULTY AND STUDENTS, including model syllabi, lists of key global health resources, global health videos, global health websites, and global health massive open online courses, and additional cases for classroom discussion.
Richard Skolnik has spent more than 40 years working on international development and global health and was formerly a lecturer in the Yale School of Public Health, the Yale School of Management, and the George Washington University School of Public Health.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support