Fundamental Problems of Algorithmic Algebra by Chee Keng Yap, ISBN-13: 978-0195125160
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Oxford University Press; 1st edition (December 30, 1999)
- Language: English
- 528 pages
- ISBN-10: 0195125169
- ISBN-13: 978-0195125160
Popular computer algebra systems such as Maple, Macsyma, Mathematica, and REDUCE are now basic tools on most computers. Efficient algorithms for various algebraic operations underlie all these systems. Computer algebra, or algorithmic algebra, studies these algorithms and their properties and
represents a rich intersection of theoretical computer science with classical mathematics.
Fundamental Problems of Algorithmic Algebra provides a systematic and focused treatment of a collection of core problems the computational equivalents of the classical Fundamental Problem of Algebra and its derivatives. Topics covered include the GCD, subresultants, modular techniques, the fundamental theorem of algebra, roots of polynomials, Sturm theory, Gaussian lattice reduction, lattices and polynomial factorization, linear systems, elimination theory, Grobner bases, and more.
– Presents algorithmic ideas in pseudo-code based on mathematical concepts and can be used with any computer mathematics system
– Emphasizes the algorithmic aspects of problems without sacrificing mathematical rigor
– Aims to be self-contained in its mathematical development
– Ideal for a first course in algorithmic or computer algebra for advanced undergraduates or beginning graduate students
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support