Food Security and Climate Change by Shyam S. Yadav, ISBN-13: 978-1119180647
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 1st edition (February 26, 2019)
- Language: English
- 568 pages
- ISBN-10: 1119180643
- ISBN-13: 978-1119180647
COMPREHENSIVELY EXAMINES THE LINKS BETWEEN CLIMATE CHANGE, CROP PRODUCTION, AND FOOD SECURITY IN THE 21ST CENTURY.
This book looks at the current state of food security and climate change, discusses the issues that are affecting them, and the actions required to ensure there will be enough food for the future. By casting a much wider net than most previously published books—to include select novel approaches, techniques, genes from crop diverse genetic resources or relatives—it shows how agriculture may still be able to triumph over the very real threat of climate change.
Food Security and Climate Change integrates various challenges posed by changing climate, increasing population, sustainability in crop productivity, demand for food grains to sustain food security, and the anticipated future need for nutritious quality foods. It looks at individual factors resulting from climate change, including rising carbon emission levels, increasing temperature, disruptions in rainfall patterns, drought, and their combined impact on planting environments, crop adaptation, production, and management. The role of plant genetic resources, breeding technologies of crops, biotechnologies, and integrated farm management and agronomic good practices are included, and demonstrate the significance of food grain production in achieving food security during climate change.
- Highlights individual numerous factors responsible for climate change
- Demonstrates the significance of food grain production in achieving food security during climate change
- Examines the effects of climate change on crop production
- Includes novel approaches, techniques, and genes from crop diverse genetic resources/relatives
- Looks at international projections on climate change for mitigation, adaptation, and adoption of recommendations in agriculture to sustain food security around the world
Food Security and Climate Change is an excellent book for researchers, scientists, students, and policy makers involved in agricultural science and technology, as well as those concerned with the effects of climate change on our environment and the food industry.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support