Exploring GPT-3: An unofficial first look at the general-purpose language processing API from OpenAI, ISBN-13: 978-1800563193
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Packt Publishing (August 27, 2021)
- Language: English
- 296 pages
- ISBN-10: 1800563191
- ISBN-13: 978-1800563193
- Understand the power of potential GPT-3 language models and the risks involved
- Explore core GPT-3 use cases such as text generation, classification, and semantic search using engaging examples
- Plan and prepare a GPT-3 application for the OpenAI review process required for publishing a live application
Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3 (GPT-3) is a highly advanced language model from OpenAI that can generate written text that is virtually indistinguishable from text written by humans. Whether you have a technical or non-technical background, this book will help you understand and start working with GPT-3 and the OpenAI API.
By the end of this book, you’ll understand the best use cases for GPT-3 and how to integrate the OpenAI API in your applications for a wide array of NLP tasks.
What you will learn
- Understand what GPT-3 is and how it can be used for various NLP tasks
- Get a high-level introduction to GPT-3 and the OpenAI API
- Structure GPT-3 prompts and options to get the best possible results
- Select the right GPT-3 engine or model to optimize for speed and cost-efficiency
- Find out which use cases would not be suitable for GPT-3
- Create a GPT-3-powered knowledge base application that follows OpenAI guidelines
Who this book is for
Exploring GPT-3 is for anyone interested in natural language processing or learning GPT-3 with or without a technical background. Developers, product managers, entrepreneurs, and hobbyists looking to get to grips with NLP, AI, and GPT-3 will find this book useful. Basic computer skills are all you need to get the most out of this book.
Table of Contents
- Introducing GPT-3 and the OpenAI API
- GPT-3 Applications and Use Cases
- Working with the OpenAI Playground
- Working with the OpenAI API
- Calling the OpenAI API in Code
- Content Filtering
- Generating and Transforming Text
- Classifying and Categorizing Text
- Building a GPT-3 Powered Question-Answering App
- Going Live with OpenAI-Powered Apps
Steve Tingiris is the founder and managing director of Dabble Lab, a technology research and services company that helps businesses accelerate learning and adoption of natural language processing, conversational AI, and other emerging technologies. He has been designing and building automation solutions for over 20 years and has consulted on conversational AI projects for companies including Amazon, Google, and Twilio. He also publishes technical tutorials on Dabble Lab’s YouTube channel― one of the most popular educational resources for conversational AI developers―and manages several open-source projects, including the Autopilot CLI, Twilio’s recommended tool for building Autopilot bots.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support