Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care 11th Edition by Robert M. Kacmarek, ISBN-13: 978-0323341363
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Series: Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care
Publisher: Mosby; 11 edition (April 11, 2016)
Designed for optimal student learning for over 40 years, Egan’s Fundamentals of Respiratory Care, 11th Edition provides you with the strong background you need to succeed in the field of respiratory care. Nicknamed “the Bible for respiratory care,” it helps you gain a thorough understanding of the role of respiratory therapists, the scientific basis for treatment, and clinical applications. Comprehensive chapters correlate to the most up-to-date 2015 NBRC Detailed Content Outline for the TM-CE to successfully prepare you for clinical and credentialing exam success. Always in step with the ever-changing field of respiratory care, this easy-to-read new edition features five new chapters, as well as new information on online charting systems, patient databases, research databases, meaningful use, simulation, and an expanded discussion of the electronic medical record system.
– User-friendly full-color design calls attention to special features to enhance learning.
– Evolve learning resources include PowerPoint slides, Test Bank questions, an English-Spanish glossary, an image collection, a Body Spectrum Anatomy Coloring Book, and student lecture notes that enhance instructors’ teaching and students’ learning.
– Student Workbook reflects the text’s updated content and serves as a practical study guide offering numerous case studies, experiments, and hands-on activities.
– Therapist-Driven Protocols (TDPs) used by RTs in hospitals to assess a patient, initiate care, and evaluate outcomes, are incorporated throughout the text to develop your critical thinking skills and teach the value of following an established protocol.
– Expert authorship from the leading figures in respiratory care ensures that critical content is covered thoroughly and accurately.
– Excerpts of 40 published Clinical Practice Guidelines provide you with important information regarding patient care, indications/contraindications, hazards and complications, assessment of need, and assessment of outcome and monitoring.
– UNIQUE! Egan’s trusted reputation as the preeminent fundamental respiratory care textbook for more than 40 years maintains its student focus and comprehensive coverage while keeping in step with the profession.
– Updated content reflects changes in the industry to ensure it is both current and clinically accurate and prepares you for a career as a respiratory therapist in today’s health care environment.
– UNIQUE! Mini Clinis give you an opportunity to apply text content to actual patient care through short, critical-thinking case scenarios. Mini Clinis can also be used as a point of focus in class discussion to strengthen students’ critical thinking skills.
– UNIQUE! Rules of Thumb highlight rules, formulas, and key points that are important to clinical practice.
– Bulleted learning objectives aligned with summary checklists to highlight key content at the beginning and at the end of each chapter, paralleling the three areas tested on the 2015 NBRC Therapist Multiple-Choice Examination: recall, analysis, and application.
– NEW! Five all-new chapters bring you the most current information on the fundamentals of respiratory care research, flexible bronchoscopy, trauma, burns, near drowning, patient ventilator interaction, and extracorporeal life support (ECLS).
– NEW and EXPANDED! The latest information on online charting systems, patient databases, research databases, meaningful use, and simulation, plus an expanded discussion of the electronic medical record system, provides you with the knowledge needed for clinical and examination success.
– NEW! All chapters correlate to the most up-to-date 2015 NBRC Detailed Content Outline for the Therapist Multiple-Choice Examination (TM-CE) so you are prepared to excel on the NBRC credentialing examination.
– NEW! Easy-to-read, updated chapters with new data in respiratory care, a more fluid writing style, and an improved reading level help you better understand difficult concepts.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support