Delivering Health Care in America: A Systems Approach 7th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1284124491
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Publisher: Jones & Bartlett Learning; 7 edition (October 20, 2017)
Delivering Health Care in America, Seventh Edition is the most current and comprehensive overview of the basic structures and operations of the U.S. health system–from its historical origins and resources, to its individual services, cost, and quality. Using a unique “systems” approach, the text brings together an extraordinary breadth of information into a highly accessible, easy-to-read resource that clarifies the complexities of health care organization and finance while presenting a solid overview of how the various components fit together.
With updated data and figures throughout, the new seventh edition is a thorough revision that highlights many new trends in health care; examines current challenges in cost, access, and quality; and explores the legacy of Obamacare and the future of health care reform in view of the new presidency.
The Seventh Edition covers:
– New trends in health care
– Chronic conditions in the U.S. along with updated information on global pandemics and infectious diseases
– Healthy People 2020 goals
– Implications of healthcare professional shortage and the major issues in healthcare workforce after the ACA
– New regulations for medical devices and the impact medical technology and technology assessment.
– Current information on health insurance
– New assessments of patient-centered medical homes in primary care; primary care providers in other countries; and current developments in alternative medicine
– Updates on hospital utilization and costs.
– Experiences with CO-OPs and ACOs under Obamacare.
– Perspectives on community-based LTC. Trends in institutional care.
– The uninsured after the ACA; the current status of the homeless; the plight of mental health and healthcare; the quality of care indicators
– Current challenges in health care cost, access, and quality; pay-for-performance in healthcare
– The critical policy issues; future health policy issues/challenges in both US and abroad
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support