Colloid and Interface Chemistry for Water Quality Control, ISBN-13: 978-0128093153
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- ISBN-10: 0128093153
- ISBN-13: 978-0128093153
- Publisher: Academic Press; 1st Edition (May 25, 2016)
- Author(s): Qing Chang
- Language: English
Colloid and Interface Chemistry for Water Quality Control provides basic but essential knowledge of colloid and interface science for water and wastewater treatment. Divided into two sections, chapters 1 to 8 presents colloid chemistry including simple history and basic concepts, diffusion and Brown Motion, sedimentation, osmotic pressure, optical properties, rheology properties, electric properties, emulsion, foam and gel, and so on; chapters 9 to provides interface chemistry theories including the surface of liquid, the surface of solution, and the surface of solid. This valuable book is the only one that presents colloid and interface chemistry from the water quality control perspective. This book was written for graduate students in the area of water treatment and environmental engineering, and it could be used as the reference for researchers and engineers in the same area.
Colloid and Interface Chemistry for Water Quality Control distills the advances in colloid and interface chemistry made over the past 100 years, as they relate to the principles of water treatment and water purifi cation. Organized in two parts, the fi rst section of the book presents colloid chemistry including its history and basic concepts, diffusion and Brown motion, sedimentation, osmotic pressure, optical properties, rheology properties, electric properties, emulsion, foam and gel, and so on. The second section details interface chemistry theories, including the surface of a liquid, the surface of a solution, and the surface of a solid.
- Covers virtually all of the principles and methods of water treatment, including coagulationfl occulation, sedimentation, adsorption, fi ltration, fl otation, oil separation, membrane separation, sludge dewatering, scaling-corrosion inhibitor, and environmental catalysis
- This valuable book is the only one that presents colloid and interface chemistry from the water quality control perspective
- Includes exercises, problems, and solutions, which enable students to check their understanding In face of the increasing challenges to providing a safe supply of drinking water, decisionmaking in matters relating to water quality control requires a sound understanding of the basic principles of colloid and interface chemistry.
This book provides both a textbook for undergraduate/graduate students, and a reference that researchers, and engineers who are working on water treatment and supply and drainage, environmental science and environmental engineering, can consult. It also can be used as the reference book for graduate students majoring in chemical engineering, biosystems engineering, and physical chemistry.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support