Classroom Instruction That Works 2nd Edition by Ceri B. Dean, ISBN-13: 978-1416613626
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: ASCD; 2nd edition (January 15, 2012)
- Language: English
- 333 pages
- ISBN-10: 9781416613626
- ISBN-13: 978-1416613626
In 2001, Classroom Instruction That Works inspired more than a million teachers to refine their approach to teaching by asking and answering these questions: What works in education? How do we know? How can educational research find its way into the classroom? How can we apply it to help individual students?
This all-new, completely revised second edition of that classic text pulls from years of research, practice, and results to reanalyze and reevaluate the nine instructional strategies that have the most positive effects on teaching and learning:
* Setting objectives and providing feedback
* Reinforcing effort and providing recognition
* Cooperative learning
* Cues, questions, and advance organizers
* Nonlinguistic representations
* Summarizing and note taking
* Assigning homework and providing practice
* Identifying similarities and differences
* Generating and testing hypotheses
A new framework organizes these strategies in preparation for instructional planning, and it highlights the point that all of the strategies are effective and should be used to complement one another. Each teaching strategy is supported with recommended classroom practices, examples of the strategy in use, tips for teaching, and information about using the strategy with today’s learners.
Whether you are coming to this book for the first time or are a veritable expert in the nine strategies, this second edition will help you develop your instructional approach, broaden your influence as a teacher, and enhance the learning potential of all your students. We haven’t reinvented the wheel. We’ve taken classroom instruction that works and made it thrive.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support