Case Study Research and Applications: Design and Methods 6th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1506336169
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Series: NULL
- 352 pages
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Inc; 6 edition (November 3, 2017)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1506336167
- ISBN-13: 978-1506336169
Recognized as one of the most cited methodology books in the social sciences, the Sixth Edition of Robert K. Yin′s bestselling text provides a complete portal to the world of case study research. With the integration of 11 applications in this edition, the book gives readers access to exemplary case studies drawn from a wide variety of academic and applied fields. Ultimately, Case Study Research and Applications will guide students in the successful design and use of the case study research method.
New to this Edition
- Includes 11 in depth applications that show how researchers have implemented case study methods successfully.
- Increases reference to relativist and constructivist approaches to case study research, as well as how case studies can be part of mixed methods projects.
- Places greater emphasis on using plausible rival explanations to bolster case study quality.
- Discusses synthesizing findings across case studies in a multiple case study in more detail
- Adds an expanded list of 15 fields that have text or texts devoted to case study research.
- Sharpens discussion of distinguishing research from non research case studies.
- The author brings to light at least three remaining gaps to be filled in the future:
- how rival explanations can become more routinely integrated into all case study research;
- the difference between case based and variable based approaches to designing and analyzing case studies; and
- the relationship between case study research and qualitative research.
Robert K. Yin is President of COSMOS Corporation, an applied research and social science firm. Over the years, COSMOS has successfully completed hundreds of projects for federal agencies, state and local agencies, and private foundations.
Outside of COSMOS, Dr. Yin has assisted numerous other research groups, helping to train their field teams or to design research studies. The most recent such engagements have been with The World Bank, the Division of Special Education and disAbility Research at George Mason University, the Department of Nursing Research and Quality Outcomes at the Children’s National Health System (Washington, DC), and the School of Education, Southern New Hampshire University.
Dr. Yin has authored over 100 publications, including authoring or editing 11 books (not counting the multiple editions of any given book). Earlier editions of the present book have been translated into eight languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, Romanian, Italian, Polish, and Portuguese), and a second book on Qualitative Research from Start to Finish (2016) is in its 2nd edition and has been translated into four languages (Chinese, Korean, Swedish, and Portuguese). Dr. Yin received his B.A. in history from Harvard College (magna cum laude) and his Ph.D. in brain and cognitive sciences from MIT.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support