Berkowitz’s Pediatrics: A Primary Care Approach 5th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1581108460
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Publisher: American Academy of Pediatrics; Fifth edition (June 20, 2014)
The reference of choice for pediatricians, pediatric residents, and medical students, the newly revised and expanded 5th edition provides clear, practice-oriented guidance of the core knowledge in pediatrics. Comprehensive coverage of hundreds of topics ranging from temper tantrums and thumb-sucking to diabetes and kidney disease make this an ideal reference for students, pediatric residents, pediatric nurse practitioners and nurses.
More than 140 clinical chapters review pertinent epidemiology and pathophysiology, then gives concise guidelines on what symptoms to look for, what alternative diagnoses to consider, what tests to order, and how to manage your patient.
– Outcomes-centric focus – chapters open with a case presentation and a list of focal questions, and close with the case resolution.
– Quick reference organization – Signs and symptoms are grouped by body system for fast look-up; head, neck and respiratory system; cardiovascular system; hematologic, genitourinary, orthopedic, gastrointestinal, neurologic, dermatologic disorders.
– Consistent solution-oriented format – Steps through clinical presentation; pathophysiology; differential diagnosis; evaluation; lab tests; management; and prognosis.
– Illuminating visuals – Superb figures illustrate patient presentations and clinical procedures.
An ideal reference for pediatricians, family physicians, medical students, residents, residency program directors, physician assistants, pediatric nurse practitioners and nurses.
About the Author
Carol D. Berkowitz is currently Executive Vice Chair in the Department of Pediatrics at Harbor-UCLA Medical Center and Distinguished Professor of Clinical Pediatrics at the David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA. She is a former President of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and has held numerous other national leadership positions including serving on the Board of Directors of the American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) and the Accreditation Council on Graduate Medical Education (ACGME). She is a delegate from the AAP to the American Medical Association (AMA) and serves on the AMA’s Council on Medical Education. In addition to serving as editor for Berkowitz’s Pediatrics she has authored several hundred articles and book chapters.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support