The Dynamics of Persuasion: Communication and Attitudes in the 21st Century 6th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1138100336
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Series: Routledge Communication Series
Publisher: Routledge; 6 edition (January 6, 2017)
The Dynamics of Persuasion has been a staple resource for teaching persuasion for nearly two decades. Author Richard M. Perloff speaks to students in a style that is engaging and informational, explaining key theories and research as well as providing timely and relevant examples. The companion website includes materials for both students and instructors and expanding the pedagogical utilities.
The sixth edition includes:
– updated theoretical and applied research in a variety of areas, including framing, inoculation, and self-affirmation;
– new studies of health campaigns;
– expanded coverage of social media marketing;
– enhanced discussion of the Elaboration Likelihood Model in light of continued research and new applications to everyday persuasion.
The fundamentals of the book – emphasis on theory, clear-cut explanation of findings, in-depth discussion of persuasion processes and effects, and easy-to-follow real-world applications – continue in the sixth edition.
About the Author
Richard M. Perloff, Professor of Communication at Cleveland State University, has been on the faculty at Cleveland State since 1979. He has written scholarly textbooks on persuasion, political communication, and the communication of AIDS prevention. Dr. Perloff is a nationally-known expert on the third-person effect, the divergent perceptions of mass media impact on others and the self. He also published the book The Dynamics of Political Communication.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support