Social Work ASWB Masters Exam Guide 2nd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0826147110
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 2 edition (October 20, 2017)
Digital Access Code NOT included.
Written by a renowned social work educator rather than an unknown at a test preparation company, this thoroughly updated guide helps readers identify their weak areas so they know what to focus on to pass the ASWB Masters licensure exam! Reviewers applaud the book’s unique test-taking tips and strategies, which are based on the author’s extensive knowledge of the exam. A thorough review of the four content areas of the updated Masters exam is provided. The 170-question practice test with explanations of the correct answers mirrors the actual exam in length and structure. This invaluable guide has been praised by social workers across the country as essential to passing the ASWB Masters Exam on the first attempt!
– Updated to reflect ASWB’s revised 2018 test blueprint used for test construction
– Written by a renowned social work educator who has helped thousands of test takers pass the exam through her invaluable workshops
– Provides a thorough content review of the four core areas of the updated Masters examination: human development, diversity, and behavior in the environment; assessment and intervention planning; interventions with clients/client systems; and professional relationships, values and ethics
– Readers applaud the invaluable tips for how to read the questions, overcome test anxiety, avoid common pitfalls, and assess one’s learning style, all of which help foster exam confidence
– Begins with a self-assessment to help identify areas of strength and weakness
– A full practice test with 170 questions that mirrors the actual ASWB Masters Exam in length, structure, and content, with detailed explanations of the correct answers
– Identifies the Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities statements (KSAs) for each question so test-takers can easily locate relevant source materials for further study
– Questions are distinct from those in the author’s second edition Social Work ASWB Masters Practice Test
About the Author
Dawn Apgar, PhD, LSW, ACSW, has helped thousands of social workers across the country pass the ASWB examinations associated with all levels of licensure. In recent years, she has consulted in numerous states to assist with establishing licensure test preparation programs.
Dr. Apgar has done research on licensure funded by the American Foundation for Research and Consumer Education in Social Work Regulation and was chairperson of her state’s social work licensing board. She is a past President of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW and has been on its National Board of Directors. In 2014, the Chapter presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Apgar has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the social work field.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support