Practical Airport Operations, Safety, and Emergency Management by Jeffrey Price, ISBN-13: 978-0128005156
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Butterworth-Heinemann; 1st edition (February 24, 2016)
- Language: English
- 630 pages
- ISBN-10: 0128005157
- ISBN-13: 978-0128005156
This helpful and thought-provoking book outlines protocols and best practices for dealing with every situation an airport operations manager faces.
Practical Airport Operations, Safety, and Emergency Management: Protocols for Today and the Future focuses on the airport itself, not the aircraft, manufacturers, designers, or even the pilots. The book explores the safety of what’s been called ‘the most expensive piece of pavement in any city’― the facility that operates, maintains, and ensures the safety of millions of air passengers every year.
The book is organized into three helpful sections, each focusing on one of the sectors described in the title. Section One: Airport Safety, explores the airport environment, then delves into safety management systems. Section Two: Airport Operations, continues the conversation on safety management systems before outlining airside and landside operations in depth, while Section Three: Airport Emergency Management, is a careful, detailed exploration of the topic, ending with a chapter on the operational challenges airport operations managers can expect to face in the future.
Written by trusted experts in the field, users will find this book to be a vital resource that provides airport operations managers and students with the information, protocols, and strategies they need to meet the unique challenges associated with running an airport.
- Addresses the four areas of airport management: safety, operations, emergency management, and future challenges together in one book
- Written by leading professionals in the field with extensive training, teaching, and practical experience in airport operations
- Includes section on future challenges, including spaceport, unmanned aerial vehicles, and integrated incident command
- Ancillary materials for readers to reinforce concepts and instructors teaching operations courses
- Focuses on the topics of safety, operations, emergency management, and what personnel and students studying the topic can expect to face in the future
Jeffrey C. Price is a Professor in the Aviation and Aerospace Science Department at Metropolitan State College of Denver. He has worked in the field for over 20 years, most recently as a trainer for the certification programs of the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE). His company, Leading Edge Strategies, has conducted the Airport Security Coordinator Training School. Jeff is also the original author of the Airport Certified Employee (ACE) Security program, as well as the lead author of the new Certified Member (CM) Body of Knowledge. Jeff developed the initial airfield manager training programs for DIA, then helped open Denver International Airport in 1995. He served as the Assistant Security Director until 1998, then moved to Jefferson County Airport as the Director of Public Relations, Marketing and Property Management. He was Airport Manager at Jefferson County Airport from 1999-2002. He also served on the Colorado Aeronautics Board.
Jeffrey Forrest, PhD, is the Chair of Department of Aviation and Aerospace Science at Metropolitan State University of Denver, CO, USA. He is co-author of Practical Aviation Security: Predicting and Preventing Future Threats and has been active in designing, teaching, and managing aviation education and research programs for over 25 years.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support