Pediatric Neurosurgery: Tricks of the Trade, ISBN-13: 978-1604068696
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
Publisher: Thieme; 1 edition (November 9, 2015)
First prize from the 2016 BMA Medical Book Awards for Surgical Specialties!
Winner of the 2017 PROSE Awards for Textbook/Clinical Medicine
This state-of-the-art volume is an unparalleled teaching tool that reveals invaluable tricks of the trade. It is an essential resource for pediatric and general neurosurgeons, neurosurgery residents and fellows.
Pediatric Neurosurgery is a uniquely exacting subspecialty in which surgeons are given the extraordinary privilege of alleviating suffering for gravely ill children, and in best-case scenarios, restoring their health. Understanding the vast and complex anatomy, pathology, and pathophysiology that evolves throughout childhood presents considerable challenges. Further, the field is rapidly progressing with advancements in neurodiagnostic imaging and surgical instrumentation, as well as an expanding knowledge of the molecular and genetic bases underlying many neurosurgical disorders.
While this book’s primary focus is on how to achieve technical excellence in the OR, this is a remarkably personal book about the art of pediatric neurosurgery. In it you will find wisdom gained from decades of experience. Read this book, use the knowledge you gain from it, and you will become a safer, more skillful neurosurgeon.
– More than 800 stunning, full-color illustrations
– Online access to videos in which experts from all over the world demonstrate the operative nuances and techniques that help surgeons get patients safely in and out of the OR
– Written by master surgeons from 10 countries who share a wealth of insightful wisdom garnered from years of experience, refinement of surgical techniques, and development of numerous innovations
– Surgical pearls, operative nuances, procedural modifications, and techniques for avoiding and dealing with pitfalls
In summary, Pediatric Neurosurgery: Tricks of the Trade is a great addition to the neurosurgical literature. It is a great resource for any pediatric neurosurgeon, especially those in training or in their early phases of their career. — Journal of Child Neurology
This textbook is an extremely well-organized and clear contribution to pediatric neurosurgery. With its complete coverage of the field today and focus on enhancing performance in the operating room, Pediatric Neurosurgery: Tricks of the Trade will unquestionably be an outstanding resource for practitioners and trainees in pediatric neurosurgery. — World Neurosurgery
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support