Clinical Consult to Psychiatric Mental Health Management for Nurse Practitioners 2nd Edition, ISBN-13: 978-0826161833
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- Publisher: Springer Publishing Company; 2nd edition (December 31, 2020)
- Language: English
- 680 pages
- ISBN-10: 0826161839
- ISBN-13: 978-0826161833
Revised and updated, the second edition of this practical resource remains the only advanced practice guide to provide an overview of the major DSM-5 disorders across the lifespan and complete clinical guidelines for their psychopharmacologic management. Compiled by expert practitioners in psychiatric care and pharmacy, it is designed specifically for use by nurse practitioners and other primary caregivers in clinical practice.
Organized for quick access to key information, this health psychology resource includes the clinical features of each disorder and symptoms and information about the most current and effective drugs for its management. Tables delineate the first and second lines of drug therapy along with adjunctive therapies for each disorder. Drugs are organized according to classification and include the essential information needed to safely prescribe and monitor a patient’s response to a particular drug. Brand and generic names, drug class, customary dosage, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations are also addressed. Convenient, practical, and portable, this guide will be a welcome and frequently used resource.
- Delivers psychopharmacological treatment guidelines for major DSM-5 disorders and parameters for drug use
- Prioritizes drugs according to their clinical efficacy and recommended treatment algorithms
- Includes brand and generic names, dosages, side effects, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, precautions, and management of special populations
- Provides easy-to-read tables for quick clinical consultation
- Offers information on clinical algorithms, lab evaluation, and preventive services
- Addresses medical and legal pitfalls
- Publisher: Springer Publishing
Jacqueline Rhoads, PhD, ACNP-BC, ANP-C, PMHNP-BE, CNL-C, FAANP, has held many faculty positions during her career and has taught in nurse practitioner programs since 1994. She has been awarded major research funding for a variety of research projects and continues to foster an evidence-based practice implementing outcomes-focused care. She is a Fellow in the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners, and was awarded numerous commendations and medals for meritorious service in the U.S. Army Nurse Corps. Dr. Rhoads has authored three books for major nursing publishers as well as numerous articles. Her 2012 book, Nurses’ Clinical Consult to Psychopharmacology, was awarded first place as an AJN Book of the Year. Her textbook. Clinical Consult to Psychiatric Mental Health Care, won second place as an AJN Book of the year in 2011.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support