Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing 6th Edition, ISBN-13: 978-1771721134
[PDF eBook eTextbook]
- 1536 pages
- Publisher: Mosby; 6 edition (June 12, 2018)
- Author(s): Patricia A. Potter, Anne Griffin Perry, Patricia Stockert, Amy Hall, Barbara J. Astle, Wendy Duggleby
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1771721138
- ISBN-13: 978-1771721134
With a greater emphasis on, and integration of, interprofessional collaboration, health literacy, and clinical reasoning, Canadian Fundamentals of Nursing, Sixth Edition provides you with the solid educational foundation to learn nursing principles, concepts, and skills with ease. The text’s proven, reader-friendly approach describes the principles, concepts, and skills essential to your success. The Sixth edition includes new chapters focused on the health needs of Indigenous people along with information on how to collaborate among interprofessional disciplines. Thoroughly reviewed by Canadian nursing experts, this edition ensures that you are well prepared to practise in Canada.
- Case studies include unique clinical application questions and exercises, allowing students to practise using care plans and concept maps.
- New photos capture the latest updates in skills and equipment relevant to Canadian nursing practice.
- Key points and key terms in each chapter summarize important content for more efficient review and study.
- More than 50 skills demonstrations provide illustrated, step-by-step instructions for safe nursing care ― and include rationales for each step.
- The 5-step nursing process provides a consistent framework for care, and is demonstrated in more than 20 care plans.
- More than 20 concept maps show care planning for clients with multiple nursing diagnoses.
- A glossary provides quick access to definitions for all key terms.
- Cultural Aspects of Care boxes summarize cultural considerations related to the chapter topic and provide practical guidelines for how to meet patients’ cultural needs and preferences.
- Patient Teaching boxes help you plan effective teaching by first identifying outcomes, then developing strategies on how to teach, and, finally, implementing measures to evaluate learning.
- Focus on Older Persons boxes highlight key aspects of nursing assessment and care for this population.
- Planning sections help nurses plan and prioritize care by emphasizing Goals and Outcomes, Setting Priorities, and Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Implementation sections cover health promotion, acute care, and continuing care to prepare you for all levels of care in all settings.
- Unexpected Outcomes and Related Interventions for each skill offer alerts to potential problems and appropriate nursing actions.
- Procedural guidelines provide streamlined, step-by-step instructions for performing basic skills.
- UNIQUE! Critical Thinking Models in each clinical chapter show students how to apply the nursing process and critical thinking to achieve successful clinical outcomes.
- NOC outcomes, NIC interventions, and NANDA diagnoses are incorporated into care plans to reflect national standards.
- Evidence-Informed Practice chapter includes the concept of research literacy and discusses quality improvement (QI)
- NEW! Greater emphasis on interprofessional collaboration, health literacy, and clinical reasoning throughout the text.
- NEW! Chapter addresses the health of Indigenous people covering the Truth and Reconciliation Commission (TRC) Report.
- UPDATED! CNA Code of Ethics, as well as new Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) legislation has been integrated in many chapters.
- NEW! UNIQUE! Critical Thinking questions are included with every chapter which correlate directly with the case study presented in the care plan.
- NEW! Chapter addresses interprofessional collaboration which focuses on patient-centred care.
What makes us different?
• Instant Download
• Always Competitive Pricing
• 100% Privacy
• FREE Sample Available
• 24-7 LIVE Customer Support